At Paralympics Australia, Our Squad are champions at adapting. Adapting to changing circumstances is in our DNA.
Developed by Paralympics Australia, the #AUSAdapts ‘I CAN’ challenge starts on Monday 20 April across our digital channels.
Is there a recipe you’ve been wanting to try, a book you’ve been waiting to read, or do you want to commit to ‘find your 30’ each day?
Whatever your goal, let’s make the time to turn that I CAN’T into an I CAN… together!
1. Think about something you’re good at and enjoy.
2. Think about something you haven’t mastered yet.
3. Now, set yourself a goal to turn that CAN’T into a CAN e.g. skipping from 5min, perfecting a recipe, reading a book, walking for 5min each day.
4. Snap a pic or video of your progress and tag @ausparalympics (or post it to our Facebook page) and use #AUSAdapts.
Join us on our #AUSAdapts challenge and let’s show the world how #AUSAdapts!
- A message from our Team Captains
- Tips on staying mentally fit
- Get involved!
- Colouring-in with Lizzie
Thanks to our Team Psychologist, Lyndel Abbott for letting us share these handy tips for staying mentally fit, created in her role with the NRL (click on the image to expand):
- Snap a photo, video or boomerang of you participating in our #AUSAdapts challenge.
- Post to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or LinkedIn
- Tag @AUSParalympics (or post to our Facebook page) and use #AUSAdapts in the post or on your story.
Remember to always be responsible and use common sense when using social media. Whenever you are unsure as to whether or not the content you wish to share is appropriate, seek
advice from others before doing so or refrain from sharing the content to be on the safe side.
Here are some fun, adaptive games for you to try at home or with friends! (click on each image to expand).
We’ve heard putting pen to paper is great for relaxation, so we’ve created several templates for you to lose yourself in! Simply print out our Lizzie Colourful Creations and colour them in with pencils, crayons or paint – whatever you prefer.
We’d love to see your colourful creations – share them with us on Facebook by posting them to our Page, or tag us on Twitter or Instagram using @ausparalympics. Have fun!
Mascot images created by the Royal Australian Mint.