Rules & Equipment
The badminton court shall be 13.400m in overall length and 6.100m in overall width. Players in classes WH1, WH2, and SL3 compete on the singles court. All remaining classes and doubles events use the full court.
The shuttle shall be made of natural and / or synthetic materials. From whatever material the shuttle is made, the flight characteristics generally shall be similar to those produced by a natural feathered shuttle with a cork base covered by a thin layer of leather.
The racket shall be a frame not exceeding 680 mm in overall length and 230 mm in overall width consisting of a handle, shaft, throat, head and stringed area.
- A match shall consist of the best of three games.
- A game shall be won by the side which first scores 21 points, except;
- If the score becomes 20-all, the side which gains a two point lead first, shall win that game, or,
- If the score becomes 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point shall win that game.
- The player who wins the game shall serve first in the next.
Additional Equipment for Para-badminton:
For Para-badminton, a wheelchair or a crutch may be used.
This is a basic summary of the Rules and Equipment for Para-badminton. For more information, please refer to the Laws of Badminton, provided by Badminton World Federation.