Paralympics Australia has a range of community programs to support and profile Para-athletes, Para-sports and the Movement in Australia, including:
- The Para-sport Equipment Fund addresses the challenges associated with the high cost of Para-sport equipment, primarily through an asset bank of loan equipment, while information sheets are a valuable resource for coaches to broaden their knowledge about Para-athletes and impairment types.
- The Paralympic Speakers Program sees Paralympians and Para-athletes visit businesses, schools, hospitals and community groups to speak about diversity, inspiration, leadership, inclusion, workplace safety, motivation and success, as well as to share their personal stories.
- The Indigenous PWD and Sport web section provides information and resources to help reduce chronic disease prevention and promote health and physical activity awareness and opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with disability.
- Assisting Australia’s Paralympians in their goals outside sport is important to Paralympics Australia. Through partnerships with sponsors and supporters, a range of employment opportunities and scholarships are on offer to Paralympians and members of the Paralympic Preparation Program.
- The Australian Paralympic History Project captures, manages and preserves the history of the Paralympic movement in Australia, including through oral histories, image galleries, audio-visual collections and memorabilia.