Paralympics Australia has a range of community programs to support and profile Para-athletes, Para-sports and the Movement in Australia, including:
- The Paralympic Speakers Program sees Paralympians and Para-athletes visit businesses, schools, hospitals and community groups to speak about diversity, inspiration, leadership, inclusion, workplace safety, motivation and success, as well as to share their personal stories.
- The Indigenous PWD and Sport web section provides information and resources to help reduce chronic disease prevention and promote health and physical activity awareness and opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with disability.
- Paralympics Australia has partnered with the Australian Pride in Sport program, committing to further develop and enhance LGBTQ inclusion.
- Paralympics Australia has partnered with Welcoming Australia with the goal of helping young people living with physical and intellectual disabilities to develop stronger ties to the community (and sport) with increased social participation.
- Assisting Australia’s Paralympians in their goals outside sport is important to Paralympics Australia. Through partnerships with sponsors and supporters, a range of employment opportunities and scholarships are on offer to Paralympians and members of the Paralympic Preparation Program.
- The Australian Paralympic History Project captures, manages and preserves the history of the Paralympic movement in Australia, including through oral histories, image galleries, audio-visual collections and memorabilia.