The following classification information and resources are intended to assist event organisers in the planning and delivery of competition:
Organising classification in conjunction with a competition
Requests to hold National Classification at Australian domestic competitions must be submitted on the relevant Expression of Interest form to the Australian Paralympic Committee for APC Managed sports and the National Federation for non APC Managed sports at least 4 months prior to the competition.
Communicating classification requirements for competition
Competition organisers must ensure that classification requirements for athletes are detailed in event entry documents and competition rules. This should include what level of classification is required to enter, whether classification is available, processes if an athletes is found not eligible, and protest and appeals information. Refer to the Event Organisers Guide for further information.
Checking an athletes classification prior to competition
Competition organisers can check the national athlete classification masterlist to determine the classifications for each athlete who has entered the competition.The development of classification schedules should be done in conjunction with the APC/NF and the Chief classifier for the competition.
Resources for Event Organisers
The following resources have been developed to assist National Sporting Organisations and their members in the delivery of National level classification.Organisations are encouraged to co-brand relevant competition documentation, alongside the APC logo. Approvals for changes to content contained in fact sheets and use of the APC brand should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Athlete classification forms, classification masterlists and sport specific information can be found under the Summer or Winter sport profiles or via email@example.com. The APC Classification team are also available to provide support with classification planning as required.
Available resources below:
– Event Organisers Guide
– Template Classification Execution Plan
– Template for planning the delivery of classification
– Checklist for planning for classification
– Checklist for what to do on the day of classification
– Classification Data and Administration
– Classification Masterlist example
Event Templates for Athletes
– Fact sheet template: Event classification information. This template is for competition organisers to use along with entry information to provide athletes with details about classification requirements and classification services for the event. Areas to be modified by event organisers are highlighted in red.
– Template for Classification flyer and booking form. This template is for organisers to promote a classification opportunity (generally to athletes not competing in an event) and provide booking details. Areas to be modified by organisers are highlighted in red.
– Template for classification schedule
– Fact sheet template: Preparing for national classification evaluation. This template is for competition organisers to update and provide along with the classification schedule where classification is held in conjunction with competition. Areas to be modified by event organisers are highlighted in red.
Event Templates for Classifiers
– Template Classifier information sheet. This template is for competition organisers to use to provide classifiers with information about the event. Areas to be modified by event organisers are highlighted in red.
– Observers code of conduct. This is to be completed by the observer (trainee classifiers or other APC/NF approved person) and the chief classifier prior to classification commencing.