Establish a simple precedent to encourage charitable giving by launching a workplace giving program in your office today!
What is workplace giving?
Workplace giving is a simple and effective way for employees to regularly donate to charities such as the Australian Paralympic Committee (APC) through workplace payroll deductions.
Benefits of workplace giving:
- Employee gifts are tax effective.
- Employee donations are deducted from their pre-tax salary, therefore taxable income is reduced.
- Workplace giving enables employees to give directly to a chosen charity each pay period.
- Employees can give as much or as little as they want – there are no limits.
- Employers can choose to provide a matching gift with the employee donation.
- Workplace giving is an easy, automatic tax deduction for employees, without the need to keep track of receipts.
- Based on the marginal tax rate of 32.5%, a $10 pre-tax donation will cost an employee $6.75 after the automatic tax deduction. The charity will still receive the full $10.
Why donate to the Australian Paralympic Committee?
- The Australian Paralympic Committee is the principal sporting organisation in Australia for elite athletes with a disability.
- The APC is responsible for the preparation, selection and management of Australian Paralympic Teams for the Summer and Winter Paralympic Games and other international sporting competitions.
- The APC develops and nurtures Paralympic Sport in Australia and delivers community programs in the area of sport, education, classification and rehabilitation.
- Paralympic athletes are elite athletes who are inspiring role models.
- The APC is a leader in Australian sport, and its programs connect Australians through Paralympic sport.
- It is worthwhile to sponsor, support and donate to Paralympic sport.
Implementing workplace giving
- Set up payroll and administration procedures for the program. Work to establish support from management and employees. Organise back-end issues in the payroll system, distribute program information and pledge forms.
- Launch the program. Inform staff that the APC is an option in the company’s workplace giving program and what steps they need to take to join.
- Remember to share updates with employees about the APC, through distribution of our newsletter or internal company updates.
- A workplace giving program can be set up for your office directly through the APC. For more information, contact the APC at 02 9704 0500.
- Programs supporting the APC can also be set up through www.cafaustralia.org.au and www.australiancharitiesfund.org.au
For any queries regarding APC Fundraising, please contact our Team:
Rob Lawrenson – Manager, FundraisingM
P: (02) 9704 0513