- Sports & Classification
- Athletes & Coaches
- Games & Events
- About Us
- APC Programs
- Fundraising & Donations
2012 APC Staging Camp
The 2012 APC Staging Camp will be aimed at supporting Australian Paralympic athletes through their final preparations for the 2012 London Paralympic Games.
The Camp will provide athletes, coaches and support staff with the opportunity to:
• Become exposed to the environment and climate in the United Kingdom
• Recover from jet lag prior to entering the London Village
• Train as a team and away from the “masses”
• Prepare in an optimum high performance environment
• Build relationships with other Australian team members
• Complete all necessary team management tasks prior to checking into the London Village
• Access a wide range of APC support services
Teams will be given the opportunity to train in Cardiff between 1st - 28th August, 2012.
For more information, please see the Cardiff Staging Camp Information Handbook below.
The location for the Camp will be the historic city of Cardiff in Wales. Located 215km and roughly 2 ½ hours (by train and road) from London, Cardiff offers our team the opportunity to train in a range of high quality sporting facilities in close proximity to the centre of the city.
|Sport Wales National Centre||Boccia, Football (7 a side), Goalball, Powerlifting, Table Tennis, Wheelchair Rugby|
|Cardiff International Pool||Swimming|
|Cardiff International Sports Stadium||Athletics|
|National Indoor Athletics Centre, UWIC||Athletics|
|Cardiff University, Talybont||Wheelchair Basketball|
|Newport International Sports Village||Cycling|