Expression of Interest
Australian Wheelchair Rugby Team
Travelling Personal Care Attendant
The Australian Paralympic Committee supports preparation and competition for the Australian Wheelchair Rugby team – the Steelers. We are seeking expressions of interest from personal carers to support our program during 2017 and 2018. This is likely to involve up to 5 weeks annually of domestic and international travel, team camp support in Melbourne and occasional communication with team members and staff between events.
We are aiming for best-practice team support. The following skills for this role are essential;
- Flexible, professional approach
- Experience and training as a personal care attendant, preferably worked with individuals with spinal cord injury
- Fit and healthy, able to support transfers and assist with equipment
- Great communication skills and a track record of being an effective team member
The following skills are highly desirable;
- Experience working in a sport setting
APC will pay providers on a contract basis. All travel, accommodation, meals and expenses will be supported. This role would suit a carer who is able to take leave for team travel (annual calendar can be provided and back-up support and mentoring are available)
Please complete the below information and email it to email@example.com by April 30th 2017 to register your interest.