The Australian Paralympic Committee (APC) is seeking expressions of interest from suitable candidates to apply for a position as a Board Director.
For a full position description, please click here. Or download the attachment below.
The following information is provided to assist potential candidates with their understanding of the APC’s requirements.
The APC is governed by a board of directors elected by the membership. The Board delegates the day-to-day operations of the APC to a professional staff of about 30 led by its Chief Executive Officer.
The Board has a well-developed governance framework with a number of committees including Audit and Risk, Nominations and Remuneration, Business Development and Paralympic Games.
The Board of Directors is responsible for the successful governance of the APC and its strategic development and growth into the future. Some functions of the APC are delegated to Board committees, the CEO and senior management. The Board, however, has final responsibility for the governance of the organisation.
The key roles of the Board Directors of the APC include:
• appointing and managing the performance of the CEO
• setting the goals and strategic direction
• determining policies relevant to the governance and performance management of the business
• establishing and determining the powers of Board committees
• approving the budget and all major items of capital expenditure
• ensuring compliance with legal requirements
• monitoring the implementation of strategic plans and the overall performance of the organisation
• ensuring the financial viability of the organisation
Expressions of Interest
Expressions of Interest should be in writing, with a letter addressing the key selection criteria and include a resume of no more than four pages providing contact details for three referees. These should be directed to the Interim CEO of the Australian Paralympic Committee at email@example.com by 3pm on Friday 5 June 2015.
By APC Media